Saturday 24 June 2017

The Woman Cave Studio



My basement flooded this year.

And it was very mysterious because I couldn't see where the water was coming from, I could only see that it was gushing out from under the laminate flooring like mini-me Niagara Falls.

I went and got a neighbour and we were both bamboozled.

"You'd better call someone," she said helpfully as she went back to her own DRY house.

Long story short I had workers in my basement with jackhammers and shovels for the longest time.

Fortunately the condo insurance paid for everything except the laminate flooring.

Then I got breast cancer.

It wasn't a great year.

Then I got better.

AND because I got better I celebrated by trading a few of my pictures with my cousin's hubby who came and painted and put in new flooring.

I moved my art studio into my cave this morning.

:)




4 comments:

  1. Wow, you HAVE had a helluva year, haven't you? But sounds like everything's good now, both with your health and your basement! Looks great!

    So what WAS the problem in the basement? No weeping tiles? Backup? Sounds very mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weeping tiles, 50 years old, stuffed like manicotti noodles :(

      Delete
  2. Tough year, Francie. I'm so glad you're doing so well. And your basement looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that you were blogging again, until I spotted you on Martha's Miniaturopolis blog. I'm sorry to hear that you have been dealing with these challenges. I hope you are feeling much, much better. Your art stdio is wonderful ~ love that cheery yellow!

    ReplyDelete