Wednesday 25 November 2015

I See

1995, self portrait


Last night I dreamt that I found a horse.
 
Then I realised it was my horse and that it was dying of thirst and starvation as I had neglected it for years.   

I was distraught to think I had done this to such magnificent creature.

I tried to find a bucket to give it water but all I had was a wine glass which I knew was too fragile and small. 

A friend of mine who owns a horse walked by and I decided to ask her for some hay.


***


When I woke up I immediately e-mailed my friend and told her about the dream.  

I also asked if I could buy some hay from her. 

She understood that I was joking but I don't think my unconscious would get the joke.

It would, however, get the message that I am listening to what it is telling me.


You need to take care of the aspect of your life that you are neglecting.

You are in a rut and only a healthy horse can carry you forward.



2 comments:

  1. You're very good at deciphering dreams, Francie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty amazing, Francie. I don't think I would have figured out so easily what this dream was about. But it makes perfect sense. Now I have to think about what aspect of my life I'm neglecting...

    ReplyDelete